Enjoy this Pickled Beet Goat Cheese Salad as an appetizer, vegetarian main course, or as a quick snack to use up summer ingredients. Sweet Oranges, Pickled Beets, Fresh Mint, Walnuts, and Creamy Goat Cheese come together with a Champagne Vinegar to bring a flavor bomb into your mouth! Fresh, light, and perfect for summer.
Pickled beets are so easy to make and will convert even the most skeptical of people 🙂 Beets are a ritual around here. Usually I boil them and toss them in a sweet sour vinaigrette and keep them in the refrigerator to eat all week. The vinegar in the dressing “pickles” the beets, helping them last longer in the fridge.
Many pickled beets I find are much too vinegary, hiding rather than enhancing the naturally sweet flavor of the beets. This recipe is my approach to preparing the beets, using cider vinegar balanced with a little sugar.
- 4 medium roasted beets , cooled, peeled, and sliced
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Bring the vinegar, water, sugar, and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Simmer for a few minutes; take off the heat and allow to cool a bit.
- Add beets to a clean glass jar with a tight fitting lid. (This particular recipe fits nicely into a 1 liter sized jar.) Pour the brine in, covering all the beets.
- Cover and set aside for several hours (or up to 24), then transfer to the refrigerator.
If you enjoy this light and fresh recipe, you will love these other salads as well!
- Salmon Salad with Tarragon Dressing
- Summer Succotash Salad
- Fresh Corn and Zucchini Salad
- Citrus Fennel Burrata Salad
Pickled Beet Goat Cheese Salad
.Enjoy this Pickled Beet Goat Cheese Salad as an appetizer, vegetarian main course, or as a quick snack to use up summer ingredients. Sweet Oranges, Pickled Beets, Fresh Mint, Walnuts, and Creamy Goat Cheese come together with a Champagne Vinegar to bring a flavor bomb into your mouth! Fresh, light, and perfect for summer.
- 2 large oranges
- Pickled Beets (or roasted beets)
- 4 oz Goat Cheese
- Champagne Vinegar (or any light vinegar)
- Salt and Pepper
- Cut the oranges in slices or wedges. Drain and dry the beats.
- Arrange oranges and beets on a plate.
- Chill goat cheese (for easier cutting). Slice into circle rounds and place around plate
- Garnish with mint, walnuts.
- Whisk together in a bowl the vinegar and oil (a 1:1 ratio) with salt and pepper. Drizzle over the plate!
Pin and share this Pickled Beet Goat Cheese Salad recipe for later when your looking for your next meal inspiration! Also visit the Charlotte Food Bloggers and follow my tribe, amazing Charlotte based foodies like me!