Summer worthy Quick Pickles in Apple Cider Vinegar are ready in as little as 30 minutes! With a few ingredients you can find in your pantry, you can have pickles with your next meal in no time. My mother use to make these for us growing up, and I love to keep this recipe in my back pocket for when I find those delicious cucumbers at the market and just have to have them!
If you are looking for more delicious light side dishes check out these other recipes!
- Green Bean and Potato Salad
- Pineapple Avocado Salsa
- Corn and Zucchini Salad
- Summer Succotash Salad
- Carrot Top Pesto
Summer worthy Quick Pickles in Apple Cider Vinegar are ready in as little as 30 minutes!.
- 4 or more small cucumbers, cut into spears
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 Tbsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- Fresh dill, or dried
- Heat the vinegar, sugar, salt and bay leaf in a small pan until the salt and sugar are dissolved. It does not have to come to a boil!
- Once the vinegar mix has cooled slightly, but is still warm, pour over the cucumbers.
- Mix in the dill (I like more vs. less, but its your preference) and smashed garlic to coat all of the pickles.
- Let sit for 30-45 minutes, taste occasionally to make sure it doesn’t get “too vinegary”.
- Take out of liquid when ready to eat. The longer they sit, the stronger the flavor will get.
Note: Drain the vinegar before storing the pickles! Will keep in the fridge up to 5 days, if they last that long
Pin and share this Quick Pickles recipe for later when your looking for your next meal inspiration! Also visit the Charlotte Food Bloggers and follow my tribe, amazing Charlotte based foodies like me!