It’s summer, and that means PESTO! There are so many types of pesto, and so many ways to eat pesto! I would challenge you to never buy pesto again. Its so easy to make at home, the fresh flavor you just cannot get in a jar. This Walnut Pesto Burrata Toast is a combo of my all my favorite parts of an appetizer. Crusty bread, creamy cheese, fresh herbs, bright colors, and eating it with your hands!
Walnut Pesto Burrata Toast Recipe Notes:
To make any type of pesto, follow this ratio:
- 2 cup leaves (this can be carrot tops, parsley, basil, arugula, spinach…. the possibilities are endless)
- 3/4 cup EVOO (the good stuff)
- 1 garlic clove
You can add in nuts, cheese, citrus or play with the flavor combinations!
Parmesan cheese is salty, so it adds its own flavor. Check the taste before adding more salt!
Adding lemon juice not only adds a bit of acidity, but it will keep your pesto a BRIGHT GREEN! color!
If you loved this appetizer idea, as I’m sure you did… check out these other delicious recipes!
- Salmon Avocado Toast
- Spinach Egg Puffs
- Blackberry Mozzarella Basil Grilled Cheese
- Apple Butter Carrot Muffins
- Mini Cranberry Brie Bites
Walnut Pesto Burrata Toast
This Walnut Pesto Burrata Toast is a combo of my all my favorite parts of an appetizer. Crusty bread, creamy cheese, fresh herbs, bright colors, and can be eaten with your hands!
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 cup fresh Parsley
- 1 cup fresh Basil
- 3/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Walnuts
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 fresh ball of Burrata Cheese, or MORE!
- Ciabatta bread, sliced in long pieces
- In a single layer on a sheet pan, lay out the ciabatta slices and drizzle with EVOO. Toast under the broiler until golden brown. Keep an eye on them, as they will toast quickly!
- In a blender, mix together the garlic, parsley, and basil until finely chopped. Add in the EVOO and blend until smooth (adding more if needed).
- Add in the walnuts, parmesan cheese, and lemon juice. Blend until desired consistency
- Add in salt and pepper, and taste to add more…
- Plate the dish with the pesto on the bottom, top with the burrata cheese, and place the toast points on the side. Top with more walnuts for texture! Enjoy
– You can add in nuts, cheese, citrus or play with the flavor combinations!
– Parmesan cheese is salty, so it adds its own flavor. Check the taste before adding more salt!
– Adding lemon juice not only adds a bit of citrus to the flavor, but it will keep your pesto a BRIGHT GREEN color!
– The pesto will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days!
Pin and share this Walnut Pesto Burrata Toast recipe for later when your looking for your next meal inspiration! Also visit the Charlotte Food Bloggers and follow my tribe, amazing Charlotte based foodies like me!