When I’m feeling hungry and I don’t want to make anything too involved, this Apple Butter Ricotta Toast is a recipe that I turn to. The pillowy brioche toast, the acidity (from the lemon), the creamy ricotta, and the sweetness (from the apple butter) all work together to create a bite of food that is deeply satisfying. This quick and easy recipe is perfect for breakfast, snacks, or even a passed hors d’oeuvre at a party. Don’t let the simplicity of this dish obscure the fact this it is absolutely delicious.
The quality of the brioche and the ricotta is key to this recipe. Whenever there are only a few ingredients in a recipe, those ingredients must be the highest quality!
Apple Butter Recipe
Peal and core apples and cut into chunks. Put into crock pot with the lemon juice, 1/4 cup water (I used apple cider), and vanilla. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Stir apples as they cook down, you can leave it chunky or use an emersion blender (or transfer to a blender) to smooth it out. Add in the sugar and spices and cook for another 1-2 hours.
- Apples (prob ½ bushel/ 10-15 medium apples)
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar
- Ground Cloves
One crock pot will make approximately 4 pints or 8 half-pints of apple butter. I didn’t count my apples because I used what I had on hand. Again, you cant really mess this up! I canned the remaining butter into 4oz small mason jars. Great for handing out as gifts or storing for when you want a fall flavor pick me up!
If you loved this Apple Butter Ricotta Toast, as I’m sure you did… check out these other delicious recipes!
- Salmon Avocado Toast
- Spinach Egg Puffs
- Blackberry Mozzarella Basil Grilled Cheese
- Apple Butter Carrot Muffins
- Mini Cranberry Brie Bites
Apple Butter Ricotta Toast
This quick and easy Apple Butter Ricotta Toast recipe is perfect for breakfast, snacks, or even a passed hors d'oeuvre at a party. Don’t let the simplicity of this dish obscure the fact this it is absolutely delicious.
- 3/4 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese (approximately 6 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- zest of ½ lemon
- 1 small squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 thick slices of fresh brioche bread
- Apple Butter
- Add the ricotta and heavy cream to a mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt, and whisk to combine. Taste the ricotta and adjust the flavor with more salt or lemon as necessary. Remember that the acidity from the lemon will ultimately be balanced out by the brioche toast and the sweetness from the apple butter.
- Toast the slices of brioche bread until they are a deep golden brown. Spread the ricotta mixture over the toasted brioche. Top with a heavy dose of Apple Butter! If you’re serving guests, I encourage you to cut each piece of toast into quarters. Serve and enjoy.
Pin and share this Apple Butter Ricotta Toast recipe for later when your looking for your next meal inspiration! Also visit the Charlotte Food Bloggers and follow my tribe, amazing Charlotte based foodies like me!
Be sure to follow along for more great recipes like this Apple Butter Ricotta Toast! Subscribe at the bottom of the page via email and follow us on Social Media for updates and more foodie fun!
#breakfast #food #foodporn #foodie #lunch #instafood #brunch #coffee #yummy #healthyfood #delicious #dinner #foodphotography #healthy #instagood #tasty #foodblogger #foodgasm #foodstagram #homemade #goodmorning #love #foodlover #eat #yum #morning #cafe #vegan #colazione #ricottatoast #applebutter #apple