Menu planning for Thanksgiving is in full swing and I cant think of a better salad recipe than a Red Pear Salad & Spiced Cider Vinaigrette! Crunchy Red Pears, Arugula, Walnuts, and Parmesan cheese are drenched in a dressing that will have you thinking, how has this not been in my life before now?!
If you love Fall Flavors, check out these other recipes! They will not let you down and are full of great kitchen tips!
- Apple Butter Carrot Muffins
- Butternut Squash Soup with Rosemary Croutons
- Pork Chops Smothered in Sautéed Apples, Onions, and a Rosemary Mustard Sauce
- Italian Sausage, Squash, and Pasta Toss
- Pork Tenderloin with Rosemary Cranberry Balsamic Sauce
Red Pear Salad & Spiced Cider Vinaigrette
- 2 cup Spinach, lightly chopped
- 4 cups wild arugula, lightly chopped
- 1 cup candied walnuts (or plain)
- 2 large Red Peats (unpeeled), sliced into thin matchsticks
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan Shavings Spiced Cider Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, lightly chopped (you can use candied or plain)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cumin
- Pinch of curry powder
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or avocado oil)
- To prepare the dressing: add all of the dressing ingredients up to and including the curry powder into the bowl of a food processor, and process until everything is well combined and smooth; with the processor running, slowly drizzle in the oil and continue to process until the vinaigrette is well emulsified and blended. (This makes about 1 cup of dressing, any additional dressing left over you can store in the fridge for up to 5 days.)
- To prepare the pear salad, in a large bowl add the spinach, arugula, walnuts and about half of the matchstick-sliced apples, and drizzle lightly with some of the spiced cider vinaigrette.
- Divide in equal portions of the salad to bowls or plates (or onto a large serving platter) and then top each salad with equal portions of the remaining matchstick-sliced pears and another generous drizzle of the vinaigrette!
- Take a vegetable peeler and make “shavings” of the cheese on op of each salad (grated parmesan from the store works just fine). Add a pinch of fresh cracked black pepper and enjoy!
Pin and share this Red Pear Salad & Spiced Cider Vinaigrette recipe for later when your looking for your next meal inspiration! Also visit the Charlotte Food Bloggers and follow my tribe, amazing Charlotte based foodies like me!