Inspired by salty-crunchy Sichuan dry-fried string beans, these green beans are blistered and browned into delicious submission before receiving a flavor bomb of garlic, red pepper flakes, and flaky salt at the very end. Resist the urge to stir the beans around in the pan, and let them take on color like you would ground meat. Patience is essential here!
This recipe is perfect for a holiday side dish, you can make a large batch and feed the masses for Thanksgiving, Easter, Christmas, or just a Tuesday night dinner with your family!
If you are looking for more delicious side dishes, check out these other recipes!
- Couscous with Roasted Butternut Squash
- Red Pear Salad & Spiced Cider Vinaigrette
- Baja Quinoa Salad
- Thyme Garlic Mushrooms
- Garlic Confit
Blistered Green Beans
These blistered green beans are browned into delicious submission before receiving a flavor bomb of garlic, red pepper flakes, w/ flaky salt. Perfect for a Thanksgiving side, Holiday meal, or weeknight dinner with your family!
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed, patted dry of any surface moisture or condensation
- Kosher salt
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted almond slices
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium high heat until shimmering. Add green beans (the dryer they are, the less they will spatter when they hit the oil) and cook, covering skillet as needed if beans are spattering, until browned underneath, about 3 minutes.
- Turn beans with tongs and redistribute so they brown evenly (don’t toss them since hot oil can easily slosh out of skillet). Continue to cook, turning occasionally, until browned all over and tender, about 3 minutes longer.
- Season with salt. Add garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cook, tossing occasionally, just until garlic turns golden, about 1 minute.
- Transfer beans to a platter. Spoon butter-garlic mixture over, season with salt (add more after tasting if needed), and top with toasted almonds!
Pin and share this Blistered Green Beans recipe for later when your looking for your next meal inspiration! Also visit the Charlotte Food Bloggers and follow my tribe, amazing Charlotte based foodies like me!
Be sure to follow along for more great recipes like these Blistered Green Beans! Subscribe at the bottom of the page via email and follow us on Social Media for updates and more foodie fun!
#greenbeans #food #foodie #foodporn #dinner #instafood #yummy #carrots #vegan #broccoli #chicken #healthy #kopi #organic #delicious #garlic #lunch #vegetables #veggies #beans #vegetarian #homemade #mashedpotatoes #coffee #dinnertime #fresh #eat #rice #kopinusantara #bhfyp