Grilled Pesto Zucchini Stuffed with Feta and Orzo. A healthy vegetarian recipe of tomato, feta, and orzo stuffed inside a grilled pesto zucchini. This quick and easy dish is perfect for spring and summer days and doubles as a healthy dinner or simple side dish. Either way you eat it, its going to be delicious!
Recently I’ve been running around like crazy because of my new job. Its been a while since I have had to be in so many places at once and even though I am thoroughly enjoying it and super excited about the opportunity, it has been tough to keep food in the fridge. Que Hello Fresh.
These meal kit boxes are all the craze and I since got a coupon in the mail, I decided to order one and try it out… again. I’ve ordered them in the past and for most people I’m sure they love them, but I think this will be the last time for me. My reasoning…
- I can make these same dishes without a box, and usually better (pat pat on my back)
- The way I cook isn’t conducive to only receiving ingredients that can be made into 1 meal. I love getting multiple ingredients and then making them into different dishes with whatever inspires me that day.
- Since I am cooking for one person, its a lot of food and hard to use it before the food goes bad.
So, what ends up happening is I end up breaking up the boxes and making the ingredients into something else… that’s how this Grilled Pesto Zucchini Stuffed with Feta and Orzo!
One of the recipes had orzo, another had zucchini and the rest I had on hand! So I got creative and here we go.
This is one of those great summer recipes that is amazing served warm right off the grill. Its perfect for a #meatlessmonday meal, a side dish, and makes great leftovers for lunch. The orzo is tossed with fresh basil and pesto that melts into the feta. Grilled zucchini is the perfect base for the Orzo creating “boats” of you will making it not only delicious, but fun!
If you are looking for more delicious weekday side dishes check out these other recipes!
- Green Bean and Potato Salad
- Pineapple Avocado Salsa
- Corn and Zucchini Salad
- Baja Quinoa Salad
- Summer Succotash Salad
Grilled Pesto Zucchini Stuffed with Feta and Orzo
Grilled Pesto Zucchini Stuffed with Feta and Orzo. A healthy vegetarian recipe of tomato, feta, and orzo stuffed inside a grilled pesto zucchini. This quick and easy dish is perfect for spring and summer days and doubles as a healthy dinner or simple side dish.
- 1 cup dry orzo pasta
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced or grated
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup cubed feta cheese
- 3 zucchini or yellow summer squash, halved
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain the pasta and toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil, the balsamic vinegar, oregano, garlic, and a pinch each of salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper. Stir in the feta.
- Meanwhile, pre heat the grill to medium high heat. Toss the zucchini with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, and pepper. Grill the for 3-5 minutes per side or until light char marks appear.
- Arrange the zucchini on a platter and brush evenly with pesto. Spoon the orzo over the zucchini. Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!
Pin and share this recipe for Grilled Pesto Zucchini Stuffed with Feta and Orzo for later when your looking for your next meal inspiration! Also visit the Charlotte Food Bloggers and follow my tribe, amazing Charlotte based foodies like me!