I have learned over the years that adding a simple dressing, sauce, salsa, or salad can take a meal to the next level! Adding a bright and fresh component to dinner can help cut through heavy dishes, add herbilicious flavor, or make plain chicken AH-mazing! This Corn Avocado Lime Salsa does just that.
Lime and cilantro mix with sweet corn and creamy avocado making the perfect accompaniment to any Taco Tuesday or Mexican Themed meal. Heck, eat it as is and your sure to be impressed!
I pair this salsa with my Chicken Enchiladas but it adds such a great fresh, citrus note to any dish that may be heavy on its own. This Corn Avocado Lime Salsa is great garnish or side dish to accompany any vegetarian meal!
- You could easily add Feta cheese or Cotija cheese to make this more of a salad, toss with spinach and VOILA!
- Use this dry salsa as a base for grilled chicken and have a super heathy meal that is not lacking in flavor!
- Add on top of your favorite tacos to make #tacotuesday a hit
If you are looking for more delicious weekday side dishes check out these other recipes!
Corn Avocado Lime Salsa
A Mexican inspired Salsa bringing Avocado, Corn, Lime, Cilantro, and Tomatoes together with full flavor. Taco Tuesday never tasted so good!
- 2 Ears of Sweet Corn – 2 Ripe Avocado – 2 tbsp. Cilantro, chopped – 1/2 cup Cherry Tomato’s- 1 Green Onion, sliced thin – 1 Lime, juiced – 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil – Salt and Pepper- Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- Bring a pot of water and a dash of salt to a boil. Add in the ears of corn and cook for 10 minutes or until tender. 2. Once corn is cooked, remove and let cool. After it has cooled, cut the kernels off the cob. 3. Dice avocados and slice the cherry tomatoes in half. 4. Add both the avocado and tomatoes to the corn kernels along with the chopped cilantro and green onion. 4. In a small bowl (or mason jar with a lid) mix together the lime juice, EVOO, a dash of salt and pepper, and the pepper flakes (optional). Whisk (or shake) together and pour over mixture. 5. Once everything is mixed together, taste for seasoning and add more salt if needed. Notes: – You could easily add Feta cheese or Cotija cheese to make this more of a salad, toss with spinach and VOILA!- Use this as a base for grilled chicken and have a super heathy meal that is not lacking in flavor!
Pin and share this Corn Avocado Lime Salsa recipe for later when your looking for your next meal inspiration! Also visit the Charlotte Food Bloggers and follow my tribe, amazing Charlotte based foodies like me!