I cant help but feel sad that peach season has long past. The summer months are full of fresh fruit, produce, and all the herbs a girl could want! As much as I love spicy apple and pumpkin smells flooding my kitchen, I cant help but long for summer months after its gone. This Grilled Peach, Chicken and Walnut Salad helps make it bearable.
This Grilled Peach, Chicken and Walnut Salad is an ode to summer containing fresh and light flavors and all my favorite summer goodies. Avocado brings creaminess to the mixture of chicken and walnuts. Grilled peaches bring a warm and Smokey flavor to the salad while goat cheese brings a tart, earthy flavor. Combine it all with a lemon basil dressing and you are in for a treat!
Grilled Peach, Chicken & Walnut Salad
A fresh, light, summer-inspired salad recipe perfect for a late summer dinner.
- 2 cups arugula, washed and dried
- 2 large peaches, halved and cored
- 1 large avocado
- 1/2 cup whole walnuts
- 1 cup shredded chicken (or grilled and sliced)
- 3 oz crumbled goat cheese (or feta if preferred)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 2 large lemons, juiced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a grill, or grill pan, over high heat. Spray peach halves with cooking spray (or drizzle with oil) and season lightly with salt and pepper. Sear the peaches cut side down for 3-5 minutes until they soften and grill marks become present. Remove from grill and set aside.
- As the peaches cook, make a base of arugula on a serving platter or arrange on individual plates.
- In a bowl, whisk together ingredients for the dressing: Juice of lemons, oil, honey, and salt and pepper.
- Arrange remaining ingredients on the plate to make a complete salad: Avocado, chicken, cheese, walnuts, and basil.
- Toss with the dressing or pour over the top and add grilled peaches!
Enjoy with fresh bread or by itself for a low carb dinner.
If you enjoy this recipe, you will love these other recipes as well!
- Pickled Beet Goat Cheese Salad
- Salmon Salad with Tarragon Dressing
- Summer Succotash Salad
- Fresh Corn and Zucchini Salad
- Citrus Fennel Burrata Salad