When I first started to develop recipes and created The Cook Nook Blog, something flipped in my head. Suddenly I was seeing food everywhere! In magazines, on the TV, and in the kitchen when I went home to visit with family. I was being inspired by pictures, dishes at restaurants, and of course the always on Food Network in the background was reciting recipes to me 24/7. Here’s a little piece of me with Catherine’s Basil Dressing!
Soon I had to get myself a little black book, and no its not full of the numbers of past boyfriends. Its full of inspiration and recipes that I have jotted down over the years. A lot of the time when I create something new I end up sitting down to dinner, making some yummmm noises, and then I clean up and move on. I have since challenged myself to make a conscious effort and write down the successful recipes so I can remake them again!
This “Basil Dressing” is one of the recipes I am very glad I jotted down!
This Basil Dressing recipe came from a mixture of my favorite ingredients and a blending teqnique I stole from making pesto. However, as I wanted a salad dressing I wanted to keep it light and not thick. What resulted is a creamy, thick, vinegary dressing that is just soaked in basil and dying to be eaten!
The ingredients couldn’t be simpler:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (find a really good one and save it for dressings, salads, vinaigrettes etc.)
- Red wine vinegar
If you have a food processor or a Nutra Bullet (or something similar) you can make this dressing in no time. It will keep in the fridge for a few days and truly goes well on everything! You can top grilled veggies, mix into a salad, marinate chicken with it… you will love it.
If you enjoy salads as much as I do, check out these other salad recipes!
- Healthy Brussels Sprout Salad with a Pear Vinaigrette
- Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad
- Mediterranean salad with Oregano Lemon Vinaigrette
- Chicken Avocado Tomato Platter
- Veggie Quinoa Spinach Salad aka “The Rowhouse”
- Fall Vegetable Kale Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette
Catherine’s Basil Dressing
A fresh, light, Italian-inspired salad dressing recipe perfect for using up your leftover basil and taking your next salad to a new level.
- ½ shallot, peeled
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- ½ cup Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- In a food processor mix together the shallot and garlic until chopped.
- Add in the basil, red wine vinegar (you can add depending on your taste preference) and blend until combined (20 seconds.
- As the processor is running, add in the olive oil until the dressing runs smooth and is at the desired consistency.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Be sure to follow along for more great recipes like this one, Catherine’s Basil Dressing! Subscribe at the bottom of the page via email and follow us on Social Media for updates and new post alerts!
Pin and share this recipe for later when your looking for your next meal inspiration! Also visit the Charlotte Food Bloggers and follow my tribe, amazing Charlotte based foodies like me!