Holy combo of summer flavors! This Blackberry Mozzarella Basil Grilled Cheese is a lunch time must. 5 ingredients come together to make a sweet and creamy combo worthy of any summer meal. Inspired by the sweet blackberries at the market, I wanted to make a dish that put all my favorite flavors together in an unexpected way.
Freshly baked grain bread is spread with blackberry jam and topped with creamy mozzarella. Then add fresh blackberries and basil and a grill to make a grilled cheese that will have you licking your fingers and wishing there was more!
I paired the Blackberry Mozzarella Basil Grilled Cheese with a Corn and Zucchini Salad and cold iced tea to complete the “summer” meal! This recipe would be perfect for Lunch, Brunch, or Dinner paired with a side!
If you loved this meal idea, as I’m sure you did… check out these other delicious recipes!
- Salmon Avocado Toast
- Spinach Egg Puffs
- Blackberry Mozzarella Basil Grilled Cheese
- Apple Butter Carrot Muffins
- Mini Cranberry Brie Bites
Blackberry Mozzarella & Basil Grilled Cheese
A sweet take on the grilled cheese combining fresh blackberries, mozzarella and basil grilled to perfection on multigrain bread.
· 4 thick slices of multi grain bread
· 4 Tbsp. Blackberry Jam
· One ball of fresh mozzarella (or 8 slices)
· ½ cup fresh blackberries
- Lightly toast the bread slices under the broiler or in a toaster.
- Spread 2 Tbsp. of jam on each piece of bread and top each slice with 2 slices of mozzarella cheese
- Place open faced on a sheet pan and put under the broiler for 30 seconds – one minute to melt the cheese.
- Top two pieces (one for each sandwich) with fresh blackberries and fresh basil. Place the second piece of melted bread on top to make a sandwich.
- Place sandwiches on hot grill pan or in a skillet and apply downward pressure to get grill marks and complete the melting process.
- Cut in half and enjoy!
Be sure to follow along for more great recipes like this one, Blackberry Mozzarella Basil Grilled Cheese! Subscribe at the bottom of the page via email and follow on Social Media for updates and new post alerts!
Pin and share this recipe for later when your looking for your next meal inspiration! Also visit the Charlotte Food Bloggers and follow my tribe, amazing Charlotte based foodies like me!