Creamy, sweet, tangy, crunchy, mmmm tasty. That’s what I would use to describe these Mini Brie Cranberry Balsamic Bites. I made them as an appetizer for Christmas this year and I was pleasantly rewarded when they came out of the oven.
Taking flavors like creamy brie cheese, tart cranberries, and herbaceous rosemary and then baking them together in a little cup that crunches and falls apart when you bite into it makes the perfect combination.
Holidays can be stressful and full of activity. By preparing recipes like these Mini Brie Cranberry Balsamic Bites, you can prep ahead of time and throw the pieces together when you are ready to bake them. I paired this recipe with cranberry bbq meatballs, and roasted asparagus and prosciutto.
Any leftover sauce? The cranberry sauce can be used in other recipes like Pork Tenderloin with Cranberry Balsamic Reduction. Any leftover sauce can also be frozen for later use!
Frozen filo dough cups make prep a breeze! They can be found in the frozen section at the grocery store!
Save extra sauce to put on pork, a roasted sweet potato, or plain chicken to make a otherwise boring meal full of flavor!
Take a look at these other Holiday Recipes that would be a great addition to your Holiday Menu.
- Rosemary Spiced Nuts
- Cranberry Brie Bites
- Butternut Squash Soup with Rosemary Croutons
- Blistered Green Beans
- Turkey Bolognese Sauce
- 30 Filo Dough Cups (can be found in the frozen section)
- Wheel of Brie Cheese cut into small pieces
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary chopped
- Balsamic vinegar
- 1 can of whole cranberries
- ½ cup chicken stalk
- Lay out the filo dough cups on a baking tray
- In a large sauce pan over medium high heat, add oil and chopped onions. Sautee until softened and turning translucent. Add in the rosemary and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Deglaze the pan by pouring the balsamic vinegar into the hot pan and scraping the bottom to mix everything together.
- Add the cranberry sauce to the pan and break up until mixed in with the onion mixture.
- Add the chicken stalk, turn down the heat, and let the sauce simmer until it becomes thick (about 5-8 minutes).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Assemble the bites: place a piece of the brie cheese in the filo dough cup and top with a dollop of the cranberry sauce. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes until the filo dough is light brown and the filling is melted and bubbly.
Pin and share this Mini Brie Cranberry Bites recipe for later when your looking for your next meal inspiration! Also visit the Charlotte Food Bloggers and follow my tribe, amazing Charlotte based foodies like me!
Be sure to follow along for more great recipes like this one, Mini Brie Cranberry Balsamic Bites! Subscribe at the bottom of the page via email and follow on Social Media for updates and new post alerts!