It donned on me recently that I have stopped making and eating rice and have totally replaced it with quinoa. It wasn’t intentional, I just love quinoa! Not only is it healthy and a super food, but like rice it takes on any flavor that you cook with it.
I keep cooked quinoa in my fridge to throw into salads, or have it as a side dish with dinner. I tend to gravitate towards cold salads with quinoa and this Fresh Dill Quinoa Salad recipe is no exception.
After raiding the market for spring inspiration, I threw together this healthy salad for lunch! Similar to my Quinoa Tabbouleh recipe, this dish has tomatoes and cucumbers but is tossed with chopped dill and finished with a lemon dressing for a tangy kick.
Adding in fresh dill, lots of lemon juice and spring onions makes this Fresh Dill Quinoa Salad a perfect salad for any meal! Pair it with freshly made ice tea and mint from the garden to have yourself a beautiful afternoon.
What are your favorite quinoa recipes?
If you enjoy salads as much as I do, check out these other salad recipes!
- Healthy Brussels Sprout Salad with a Pear Vinaigrette
- Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad
- Mediterranean salad with Oregano Lemon Vinaigrette
- Chicken Avocado Tomato Platter
- Veggie Quinoa Spinach Salad aka “The Rowhouse”
- Fall Vegetable Kale Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette
Fresh Dill and Quinoa Salad
Description: This Fresh Dill Quinoa Salad is complete with healthy quinoa, fresh dill, tomatoes and cucumbers that come together with a lemon dressing to make any healthy meal complete!
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 English cucumber seeded and shopped
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- Juice from 2 lemons
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- Salt and pepper
- 1 spring onion chopped for garnish
- Mix quinoa, tomatoes, cucumber, and dill together in a bowl
- In a mason jar, add lemon juice, 1/4 cup EVOO, honey, and salt and pepper to taste. Shake until combined.
- Add dressing to quinoa mixture and top with spring onions.
Pin and share this recipe for later when your looking for your next meal inspiration! Also visit the Charlotte Food Bloggers and follow my tribe, amazing Charlotte based foodies like me!