Looking for an easy appetizer, side dish, or cold salad to munch on all week? This Quinoa Tabbouleh is just the ticket. Full of protein, light fresh flavors, and healthy to boot, this is a staple in my fridge most times of the year! Quinoa is mixed with cucumbers and tomatoes, parsley and mint, then topped with a lemony dressing.
Quinoa Tabbouleh can be paired with hummus, vegetables, and pita bread for a charcuterie board, used as a topping for toast, or eaten alone with a spoon standing in the kitchen… its that good!
Keep in the fridge for 4-5 days… but knowing how good it is, it wont last that long 🙂
Quinoa Tips: Quinoa is very versatile and easy to make.
- With a 1:1 ratio grains to water, it is easy to adjust the amount you want to make for your needs.
- You can substitute chicken stock for water to add more flavor.
- Quinoa cooks just like rice. Be sure to fluff with a fork after its done to keep it light and fluffy!
If you are looking for more delicious weekday dishes check out these other recipes!
Quinoa is mixed with cucumbers and tomatoes, parsley and mint, then topped with a lemony dressing.
- 1 cup dried Quinoa
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 Cucumber seeded (pealed if needed) and diced same size as tomato pieces
- 2 lemons juiced
- 1/2 c. parley diced (or more to taste)
- 1/4c. mint diced
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Quinoa cooks with a 1:1 ratio dried quinoa to water- for 1 cup dried quinoa, use 1 cup water.
- Bring water and quinoa to a boil with a pinch of salt. (you can use chicken stock instead of water for more flavor)
- Cover, reduce and simmer for 15 minutes until water is absorbed.
- Fluff with a fork to loosen grains
For Dressing: Wisk together lemon juice, equal parts EVOO, salt and pepper and set aside. **Tip: I mix this in the bottom of the bowl before I start and then add the ingredients on top as I go along**
Mix quinoa, cucumber, tomatoes, parsley, mint, and dressing all together. Enjoy!
Pin and share this Quinoa Tabbouleh recipe for later when your looking for your next meal inspiration! Also visit the Charlotte Food Bloggers and follow my tribe, amazing Charlotte based foodies like me!