Before this Garlic Thyme Mushrooms Recipe I never thought much of mushrooms. I would throw them in stir fry’s, stews, or on salads but they never had this kind of flavor! Now I make them all the time.
This Garlic Thyme Mushrooms recipe is so easy and only needs 4 ingredients: Butter, Garlic, Thyme, and Mushrooms. After cleaning and quartering, or slicing, the mushrooms you sauté them in a big pan with butter and oil. Once they have browned, you throw in the garlic and thyme at the last minute and voila! Your done!
Mushroom cleaning tip: Don’t rinse mushrooms under water. Mushrooms are very porous and will soak in moisture which can make them mushy. Instead take a wet paper towel and WIPE them clean. Yes this is tedious but trust me, it makes a difference!
Garlic Tip: Garlic is very easy to burn and will turn bitter once it has. Add the garlic as the last ingredient when cooking any dish to prevent this.
Garlic Thyme Mushrooms in action:
- Top a steak
- Side dish for protein
- Great paring for risotto or rice
- Eat alone for a meat free dinner, just add some veggies
- Once cooked they can be added to soups and stews for better flavor
If you love easy dinners, check out these other recipes! They will not let you down and are full of great kitchen tips!
- Pork Chops Smothered in Sautéed Apples, Onions, and a Rosemary Mustard Sauce
- Italian Sausage, Squash, and Pasta Toss
- Pork Tenderloin with Rosemary Cranberry Balsamic Sauce
- Shepherds Pie
- Garlic Thyme Mushrooms
- 1 Package button mushrooms- cleaned and quartered
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 5 thyme sprigs- leaves removed and lightly chopped
- Butter and veg oil for cooking
- Melt the butter and oil in a large pan.
- Add mushrooms and mix around as they will soak up butter and oil quickly.**Do not crowd the mushrooms or they will steam and not brown**
- Once the mushrooms have browned, throw in garlic and thyme (add another pad of butter if needed) until fragrant.
Pin and share this Garlic Thyme Mushrooms recipe. Save this recipe for later when your looking for your next meal inspiration! Also visit the Charlotte Food Bloggers and follow my tribe, amazing Charlotte based foodies like me!