Its a rainy January day here in Baltimore and its putting me in the mood for some comfort food. Comfort food is most often related to dinner but today I am championing a comforting recipe for breakfast or lunch, Smoked Salmon Avocado Toast.
Smoked salmon is usually found on a bagel with cream cheese and happens to be one of my favorite morning meals! Today I am playing with this idea. Instead of topping a bagel and cream cheese, I am using avocado toast as a base for the delicious toppings of salmon, capers, tomato and red onion.
Easy, decadent, filling and delicious- Enjoy!
If you love Breakfast and Brunch as much as I do, you’ll love these other recipes!
- Smoked Salmon Avocado Toast
- Overnight Oats
- The Perfect Breakfast Grazing Board
- Blackberry Scones
- Apple Butter Carrot Muffins
- Mushroom Onion Frittata
Smoked Salmon Avocado Toast
An easy to make breakfast or lunch dish full of flavor and ease, Avocado is smashed onto toast and topped with Smoked Salmon, Red Onion, and Capers.
- 8 slices of good bread (Italian or multigrain)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 16 slices smoked salmon
- 4 T Capers
- 1/2 red onion sliced thin (optional)
- 2 firm tomatoes sliced thin (optional)
- Toast sliced bread until golden brown on both sides
- Quarter avocado and mash onto toast with a fork- 1/4 avocado per piece
- Top with capers, salmon, red onion, and tomato to taste
- Finish with salt and pepper to taste
Pin and share this Smoked Salmon Avocado Toast recipe for later when your looking for your next meal inspiration! Also visit the Charlotte Food Bloggers and follow my tribe, amazing Charlotte based foodies like me!